- -Have some fun!
- -Discuss best practices with peers
- -Hear about product releases before anyone else
- -Gain exclusive access to our executive team
- -Network and grow your personal brand
- -Upon being accepted, you will gain full access to more content
PBC season 1 is live! You can binge them now
CLA: Controller - Outsourcing
We recognize that not everyone wants to grow their career paths in the same way. That’s why CLA exists to create opportunities. We promise to know you and help you.
This is why we’ve created our Business Operations (BizOps) practice!
If you answer YES to these questions, then our BizOps practice could be a great fit for you!
• Do you have an accounting background but are bored of doing the same tasks each month for just one company?
• Do you crave variety in the type of work you do and the clients you serve?
• Do you like to travel to clients and thrive during face-to-face interactions?
• Do you want the stability and backing of a top 10 national firm?
CLA is looking to hire a Controller for our growing BizOps practice in one of our CT or MA offices, serving clients in a variety of industries.
As a Controller you will:
• Act as the Controller for the designated clients you service.
• Take on the role of consultant and advisor to your clients on best practices for accounting and finance-related engagements.
• Provide project management expertise by managing multiple clients, work, and deadlines.
• Prepare and analyze client financial statements and make recommendations.
• Foster and build opportunities for our clients, communities, and people.
• Become an industry professional and attend industry-leading events and trainings.
• Maintain knowledge of the client’s organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
Think you’re a fit? This is what successful candidates for this role have:
• Eight years relative work experience as a Senior Accountant, Assistant Controller, Controller, or equivalent.
• A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
• CPA certification preferred but not required.
• General knowledge of accounting software especially all versions of QuickBooks required.
• Prior project management and client management experience preferred but not required.
• Previous public accounting experience preferred but not required.
• Comfortable in fast paced environment, skilled in multitasking, and experience in multiple industries.