The FloVerse is a space for FloQast customers to:
  • -Have some fun!
  • -Discuss best practices with peers
  • -Hear about product releases before anyone else
  • -Gain exclusive access to our executive team
  • -Network and grow your personal brand
Register now for our customer community and I can't wait to see you on the inside! ?
  • -Upon being accepted, you will gain full access to more content

Favorite Hobbies

Kiely_Monteiro
Kiely_Monteiro Customer Community ManagerBostonPosts: 287 admin

Accountants are more than the sum of their spreadsheets and macros. We know you don't sit at home doing taxes for fun (but we won't judge if you do!)

Maybe you're a BBQ pit master ?, aspiring rapper?, yoga instructor??‍♀️, or stand up comedian?!

We can't wait to learn who you are outside of your 9-5!

I'm a bit of a scaredy cat ?, but I DO love some adventure...you know, once I'm pressured into it.

I've completed 3 Spartan races (2 at Fenway Park!)

And I love Ziplining...after the 1st step off the platform!

What are your favorite and most exciting hobbies?

Extra bonus points if you include a picture!

*We'll be inviting more customers to The FloVerse in January and would love to include you all in our campaign. Imagine seeing yourself on invitation like this:

Comments

• Jonah
    Jonah Posts: 10 mod

@Shanna Plogging? ?

• Kiely_Monteiro
    Kiely_Monteiro Customer Community Manager BostonPosts: 287 admin

@mbabcock21 I know you're a (3 time?) Spartan!

• Shanna
    Shanna Posts: 14 ✭✭

Plogging and horse riding. Sometimes I even get to combine the two. (Also a three time Spartan sprinter )

BrittanySanaJonah
  • Kiely_Monteiro

@Shanna this is awesome!

Congrats on 3 Spartan races!

• ctcahill1
    ctcahill1 Shelton, CTPosts: 8 ✭✭

Fishing!

Because of FQ, I can spend more time on the beach surfcasting!

BrittanySanaKiely_MonteiroSonny
  • Kiely_Monteiro

@ctcahill1 That's awesome, Chris! There's nothing like fresh caught fish for dinner!

• Brittany
    Brittany Posts: 24 mod

@Sana_Farooq and I used to workout together in the pre COVID times, and hopefully we can get back to that! Barry's Bootcamp and spin classes are some favorites as a hobby.

Kiely_MonteiroJonah
  • Brittany
    Brittany Posts: 24 mod

Anyone else do Barry's? :)

• kimber
    kimber Posts: 23 ✭✭

I'm nowhere close to be able to do a Spartan race but I have done the Muddy Warriors race 3 times. It was at Paramount Ranch until it burnt down. I miss that one. I also love hiking. Lately I've just been decorating for Christmas. I won't stop until I've covered every inch of our house! I may have a problem but I love it and so do my kids!

• Kiely_Monteiro

Hello fellow Christmas lover! I love that - have any pics? One year my whole office had a desk decorating contest and everyone's desks were wrapped in gift wrap and had decorations everywhere. It was so fun!

• Kiely_Monteiro

@BSchmidt I love that you do that with your kids. They look so happy to be able to help.

• Kiely_Monteiro

That's awesome @kimber ! There definitely isn't a lack of holiday spirit in your home!

• Kiely_Monteiro

@jeffcarlsen this is the amazing!

• Sonny
    Sonny Posts: 3

I spend what little "free time" I have in my basement home gym trying to get stronger.

I also enjoy this stuff:

Kiely_MonteiroJonahMichaelSolugenix_Steve
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 3 mod

@BSchmidt I also love woodworking! Here is my baseball card frame mid-build.

Kiely_MonteiroBSchmidtkimber
  • BSchmidt
    BSchmidt IndianapolisPosts: 2

@Mike Whitmire Nice! Would love to see the finished product! I do a lot of cabinetry builds and mix it up with small boxes, cutting boards, and frames with my hardwood offcuts.

Mike
  • preeder
    preeder Posts: 2

I have been sewing since I was 5; while I have been sewing masks during the pandemic my favorite projects are cosplay costumes.

Kiely_MonteiroShanna
  • Colin
    Colin Wokingham, Berkshire UKPosts: 20 ✭✭✭

Possibly one of the best things about the pandemic has been that it has reduced my work travelling significantly. Being based in the UK but being controller for a West Coast based NASDAQ company meant that in 2019 I spent about 20 weeks away from home. In 2020 I never went anywhere so I got time to think what is important to me.

As well as getting some time with the family and getting some rest I also got time to dig out my golf clubs and get some lessons to improve my very poor swing! Unfortunately, we are currently in a lockdown here so all the golf courses and driving ranges are closed so that is not helping!!

I have also been in to photography for over 40 years. I am no expert but I enjoy it when I get to go out. As I have always had an interest in Aviation a lot of my photos are taken out Airshows, museums and airports!! My family are always complaining that there are rarely people in my photos!!

Kiely_Monteiroctcahill1JonahBrettG
  • Kiely_Monteiro

@Colin That is a LOT of time away from home! At my last company, I traveled once every or every other month and it was too much for me ? Great shot-it looks like it's from a magazine!

ctcahill1
  • Michael
    Michael Upper Arlington, OhioPosts: 6 mod

Any fellow homebrewers in the community?!

Solugenix_Steve
  • wkhalid
    wkhalid Posts: 12 ✭✭

Anyone into music production? Been playing guitar for a while now, but just started dabbling this year in actually composing tunes. Named my first tune Hello_World and bravely put it out there on Youtube. Hopefully the world is ready for this.

Kiely_MonteiroJonah
  • Kiely_Monteiro

@wkhalid That's awesome!! Congratulations on getting this out to the world. It's great!

• Kiely_Monteiro

@BrettG those are beautiful!! I'm also anxiously awaiting being able to travel again. I just booked my honeymoon to St. Lucia in November, so here's hoping ??

• BrettG
    BrettG Thornhill, ON, CanadaPosts: 12

Congrats on your upcoming wedding @Kiely_Monteiro ! I really hope you are able to go to St. Lucia. I've explored some of it on my treadmill (closest I can get at the moment) and it looks gorgeous!

Kiely_Monteiro
  • Kiely_Monteiro

Yes, I've been doing Peloton rides in cool places like Chile and the Amalfi Coast to get my fix as well! @BrettG

BrettGctcahill1