The FloVerse is a space for FloQast customers to:
  • -Have some fun!
  • -Discuss best practices with peers
  • -Hear about product releases before anyone else
  • -Gain exclusive access to our executive team
  • -Network and grow your personal brand
Register now for our customer community and I can't wait to see you on the inside! ?
  • -Upon being accepted, you will gain full access to more content

Self-Care

Kiely_Monteiro
Kiely_Monteiro Customer Community ManagerBostonPosts: 287 admin

When you're really busy, it can be tough to find the time to take care of yourself, but it's also likely when you need it most.

I thought these were some great self-care tips. There is something for everyone!

Here's the TL;DR version

Some of my 5 favorite forms of self-care are:

• Working out - a good sweat sesh ??‍♀️??‍♀️ can help me get out of a bad mood and feel more focused. If I don't have a long time, even a quick walk around the block with my dog can do the trick. Take a minute to enjoy the ☀️ and fresh air!
  • Treat Yo'Self! - There is a cafe nearby that makes the best smoothie bowls, but is kind of pricey for something I can make. Once a week or so, I order one and pick it up before work. It makes me feel a little fancy, and seems like a special event
  • Online shopping - sometimes even just adding items to my cart ? gives me the dopamine hit I need to make it through the afternoon
  • Headspace/meditating - I'm not the best at meditating consistently (though I keep trying!) but I love the Headspace app. The Sleepcasts are my favorite way to end my day and help me fall asleep even when my mind is racing.
  • Baking - I love that baking is methodical. You measure everything out, add in the proper order, and then eat it all ? I love that there is opportunity to be creative and try new things, but there are also guidelines, so everything turns out delicious! ? ?

What are your favorite forms of self-care?

mliuzzi

Comments

• mliuzzi
    mliuzzi South JerseyPosts: 10

My 5:

1) Read 10 Pages from a Motivational or Self Help Book

2) Ride a Stationary Bike or Go for a Walk at least 20 minutes

3) Breathing Exercises

4) Cooking (Sunday Gravy or Chili on a weekend, Steak or Fish on a week day)

5) Play with my kids - either Legos with my son, dolls with my daughter or sports with both!

Kiely_MonteiroKAB
  • jon_hardy
    jon_hardy Posts: 23 ✭✭✭
    1. Running (nowhere fast, just slow and steady)
    2. Golf (ain't no Tiger, but I hit one good shot about every 18 holes)
    3. Biking/Cycling (touring the burbs of Portland)
    4. Yard Work (somehow it is one of the most relaxing activities for me)
    5. Weekends away to Central Oregon
    Kiely_MonteiroChristinaKABBrittany
  • Lala
    Lala Senior Manager Austin, TXPosts: 0

30 minutes of weight lifting + 15-30 minutes of shower + 5-10 minutes to fix a healthy snack = Complete stress relief.

We give so much time to everyone else around us, let's give ourselves just an hour a day!

Kiely_MonteiroChristina
  • KAB
    KAB Posts: 0

I love playing with my plants - I have indoor and outdoor plants.

Painting, not very artistic but its the process not the product.

A walk in nature.

A glass of wine and book.

A conversation on how Im feeling with my husband

• Kiely_Monteiro
    Kiely_Monteiro Customer Community Manager BostonPosts: 287 admin

@KAB awesome! thank you for sharing. I've been getting better with my plants. I have a money tree and a few succulents I've had for a few years now. Any plant tips?

• KAB
    KAB Posts: 0

I love pothos! They are so easy to care for and look so pretty. I have some rare / hard to care for plants. But something about the simple and humble pothos just brings me so much joy! :)

I also think that even if you have some plant deaths or they dont look perfect - doesnt mean you cant be a plant parent. Some people find certain types easier and other people find others easier.

Kiely_Monteiro
  • Kiely_Monteiro
    Kiely_Monteiro Customer Community Manager BostonPosts: 287 admin

Awesome! My friend just got me a pothos, so it sounds like I likely won't kill it right away! Haha