The FloVerse is a space for FloQast customers to:
  • -Have some fun!
  • -Discuss best practices with peers
  • -Hear about product releases before anyone else
  • -Gain exclusive access to our executive team
  • -Network and grow your personal brand
Register now for our customer community and I can't wait to see you on the inside! ?
  • -Upon being accepted, you will gain full access to more content

Favorite Non-Profit Organizations

Kiely_Monteiro
Kiely_Monteiro Customer Community ManagerBostonPosts: 287 admin
edited March 1 in Coffee Break

I'm thrilled we were able to give away three $250 charitable donations (to the winners' favorite organization) last night. It got me thinking about my favorite organizations.

Last Hope K9 - completely volunteer based dog rescue organization based in New England, that rescues dogs from high kill shelters in Arkansas and finds them loving homes. I've been volunteering with Last Hope for the past few years, previously as a foster, and now as an applications lead and conducting (virtual) home visits. It's also the organization that I adopted Riu through (foster fail)

RESPOND, Inc.- the 2nd oldest domestic violence agency in the country, and the first in New England. Respond helps victims some other organizations aren't able to (such as boys and men) and does truly incredible work. I've been attending their events for years, and served on their events committee for 2 years as well as painted one of their shelters. It was very moving to see the lives they are changing with their efforts.

Which organizations do you support and why?

@Colin @bdornacher @Youghalguy as winners of the charitable donations from the launch party, want to kick us off?

Comments

• wkhalid
    wkhalid Posts: 12 ✭✭

MAG America - They're the U.S branch of MAG UK. Their mission is to "find and destroy landmines, cluster munitions and unexploded bombs in places affected by conflict." I had a chance to briefly work with this client at my last firm.

What's great about their mission is that they bring back a sort of normalcy to the communities that were affected by wars/conflict. Their work is done all over the world; Middle East, South Asia, Africa, and Central/South America.

Kiely_Monteirojbeans63
  • Kiely_Monteiro
    Kiely_Monteiro Customer Community Manager BostonPosts: 287 admin

@wkhalid Thanks for sharing, Waqas! That sounds like incredibly important work!

wkhalid
  • Mandy
    Mandy Posts: 5 mod

Wags and Walks! Local dog shelter in LA. They take dogs from kill shelters and give them a second chance at life. Pre-pandemic, I volunteered once a week walking the dogs so they could get their steps in/exercise outside of the shelter :)

Kiely_Monteirowkhalidjbeans63
  • Shoshana
    Shoshana Los Angeles, CAPosts: 7 mod

I love Operation Gratitude. I have volunteered there for the last few years. They assemble car packages for troops and much much more. https://www.operationgratitude.com/

Kiely_Monteirojbeans63
  • kjoneskhoros
    kjoneskhoros Posts: 2

I love Ceresa. It is a mentoring organization that I have been a part of for over two years. They focus on women (men are allowed), but they have a fantastic nine month journey https://www.ceresa.com/

My other favorite organization is Austin Women's fund. A large group of women in Austin donate money and give grants out to local charities that support four basic pillars for Women - health, education, housing and childcare. Last year we gave five grants totaling $250,000

jbeans63
  • Kiely_Monteiro
    Kiely_Monteiro Customer Community Manager BostonPosts: 287 admin

@kjoneskhoros thank you so much for sharing. Those both sound like wonderful organizations, and brownie points that you shared them on International Women's Day!

• jbeans63
    jbeans63 Posts: 16 ✭✭

One of my favorite things, since we online shop a lot more nowadays, is instead of just going to amazon.com, go to smile.amazon.com. You can select a nonprofit organization to support - it doesn't cost you anything. Just a portion of the proceeds of your purchase goes to the organization of your choice! Pretty slick.

Kiely_MonteiroColin