The FloVerse is a space for FloQast customers to:
  • -Have some fun!
  • -Discuss best practices with peers
  • -Hear about product releases before anyone else
  • -Gain exclusive access to our executive team
  • -Network and grow your personal brand
Register now for our customer community and I can't wait to see you on the inside! ?
  • -Upon being accepted, you will gain full access to more content

If you weren't an accountant...

Kiely_Monteiro
Kiely_Monteiro Customer Community ManagerBostonPosts: 287 admin

If you weren't an accountant, what would your dream job be?

I can kick us off. If I wasn't a community manager, I would want to be a...

1. Detective ??‍♀️ I love solving puzzles, am obsessed with true crime, and think this is such an impactful job!
  2. Baker ??‍? Most weekends I'm baking something, whether it's cookies, tarts, truffles or breads! It helps me relax and express my creativity at the same time!
  3. Dog Trainer ? I adopted a dog who is scared of a LOT and have spent the past 2 years training her, building our relationship and her confidence, and even started taking agility classes together. I love learning how to best communicate with her, so she can live her best life!

@Shoshana @dwheeler @BrianB @nj30075 @beckycurrie @johnhcelero @mkawada @larryconmy @Shweta I challenge you to share yours!

MarianKurta

Comments

• wkhalid
    wkhalid Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited March 16

Oh man, I think about this everyday. Making music all day would be my dream job. Not just albums, but making/composing music for movies & TV shows.

ctcahill1jbeans63ColinWill
  • Kiely_Monteiro
    Kiely_Monteiro Customer Community Manager BostonPosts: 287 admin

SO GOOD @wkhalid !!

Are you able to add any of your songs to Spotify? I'm planning to make a summer time playlist with everyone's suggestions and would love to include an original.

wkhalidctcahill1
  • wkhalid
    wkhalid Posts: 12 ✭✭

@Kiely_Monteiro - That's a great idea. I'll look into setting up a Spotify account.

Kiely_Monteiroctcahill1
  • kimber
    kimber Posts: 23 ✭✭

When I was little I wanted to sing in Disney movies. I won't sing in front of others so probably best I didn't pursue that career. ?

Kiely_Monteiro
  • Kiely_Monteiro

@kimber ? That career path wouldn't last too long then!! I think you made the right choice! ?

kimber
  • csullivan
    csullivan Posts: 6

To get paid to travel to new resorts in tropical locations, and rate the accommodations, restaurants, location, staff, experience, etc. #dreamjob ?️?️

jbeans63Kiely_MonteiroMarianKurtawkhalid
  • awinkler
    awinkler Posts: 0

Something out of this world. I think my dream job is to be an astronaut. Every spaceship needs it's own CFO, right? ?

jbeans63ColinKiely_MonteiroMarianKurta
  • Kiely_Monteiro

@csullivan Yes!! That sounds so dreamy!☀️?

@awinkler love it! After watching Gravity, I'm scared of being in space!?

• jbeans63
    jbeans63 Posts: 16 ✭✭

Although I really enjoy my job, if I didn't have a family to support or I was independently wealthy...

1. Going to a professional cooking school, like Le Cordon Bleu or something like that & becoming a professional chef! I would probably do private cooking, not be in a big restaurant. (Hell's Kitchen scares me - lol!). I love to take cooking classes. My most recent one was a total blast! My spouse bought me a cooking class experience through "cozymeal" pre-pandemic for my birthday present.
    2. Pursue my musical interests - I have played piano since I was 5 & think it would be fun to be in a band.
    3. Open up some sort of financial counseling center for those who needed it - budgeting for single moms, stuff like that.
    ColinstephanietubaKiely_Monteirowkhalid
  • Colin
    Colin Wokingham, Berkshire UKPosts: 20 ✭✭✭

At various stages I wanted to be a Pilot (I did get as far as speaking to the Royal Air Force about signing up!) but I never had the self-confidence to push myself forward to do it.

Alternatively, I wanted to be a footballer (proper football not American Football ?) but basically I was good but not good enough!

So I guess my career aspirations were similar to many other small boys at the time - by the time I was 18 I had no idea what I wanted to do so just went to University to get a degree while I made up my mind. That degree was in Accounting and I never escaped from that!!

Kiely_Monteirowkhalid
  • jon_hardy
    jon_hardy Posts: 23 ✭✭✭

Groundskeeper at a golf course, mow lawns and play free golf = THE DREAM

No People. No Excel. No Zoom. No Teams. Just Me and a mower.

???????

Kiely_MonteiroColinstephanietuba
  • MarianKurta
    MarianKurta Posts: 2
    edited March 23

If I could make real money making coffee, I'd go back to being a barista. One of the best jobs I ever had and super fun while I was in college. Bonus that I worked in the cafe at Barnes & Noble, so I got a discount on books.

☕️?️

jglassmoyerKiely_Monteirowkhalid
  • hblanchette
    hblanchette Posts: 10

Criminal psychologist or profiler, like on Criminal Minds, NCISs, CSIs. I find understanding what makes people tick very fascinating. Kind of like figuring out where all of the pieces of G/L transactions come from only cleaner and a whole lot less dangerous. ;-)

Kiely_MonteiroColin